Monday, December 04, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree

Yesterday was picture perfect. After birthday lunch for our roommate Andrea (hooray, she's 21 and legal!), we hiked out to Grandpa Troost's Christmas tree field and picked out our lucky blue spruce amidst the falling snowflakes. Upon getting it home and drying it out, we set about decorating. Below is the result:



I know the picture is a little dark, but that way you can't detect the gentle lean that our tree has going on. Those tree stands are a pain in the neck!



We had a great time putting on the bulbs and our favorite sparkly silver stars. My favorite ornaments were a pair of glass stiletto heels that my friend Samara sent me a couple Christmases back. A bottle of Fizz from the L. Mawby winery in Leelanau was a perfect compliment to the evening.

Hope all of your tree decorating festivites were as enjoyable as ours!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

i love you, but yes you can see the lean in the dark picture. ;) still - so cute and such fun, and fizz to boot! such fun. wish i could spend time with you over a cup of coffee this cozy time of year. come back to chicago SOON! i miss you. mil besos!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it Megan...I can't believe you put that pic of me on there though...uhh...=)
love you,
kate

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful and I'm glad it leans, it makes me feel like i'm still there! Just use some twine or Christmas lights and tie it to the curtain rack!

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks beautiful and the lean adds character!!!

Anonymous said...

I love our tree!! And yes, tying some twine to the curtain rod did cross my mind, but I figured the lean looks just fine to me!
I had a blast putting it up with the girls!!
love ya megs!
kate