Sunday, August 10, 2008

Here Comes the Bride...

Well, it's official. I'm old.
No, I'm just kidding, although I am feeling a bit aged following my oldest niece's wedding this past weekend. I'm sure it comes as no surprise to any of us that one of my nieces and nephews (formerly totaling eleven in number, now twelve) beat me to the altar, but just yesterday this feat came to pass. I was thrilled to stand next to my dear Katharine as she pledged her love and faithfulness to my newest nephew, Adam. She was a gorgeous bride, he a handsome groom, and together they make a wonderful couple.

The entire weekend, though exhausting, was full of joy and laughter from beginning to end. I have been so blessed to be a part of such a fabulous beginning, and it is my prayer that the joy and laughter will continue throughout Adam and Katharine's entire marriage.














The lovebirds enjoyed a morning of brunch and presents, and they're now off to Mexico for a fantastic honeymoon. Congratulations to Adam and Katharine, we love you both so much!

"What greater thing is there for two human souls that to feel that they are joined... to strengthen each other... to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~George Eliot

5 comments:

Tim and Melissa Sall said...

A draw back to moving to the east coast....wish I could have been there. I'm sure Melissa "represented" me well!
Pictures are great!
Love you!

Melissa said...

You're officially the most fun aunt ever. Glad it went well!

simplicity said...

You are a fantastic aunt!!! :)

And I love the pics. You look fab in your dress by the way, love the additions! :)

And the bride was radiant of course!

Andrea Joy said...

Megan I know your life has moved on since the wedding!!! whats new lady

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...UPDATE YOUR BLOG LADY!!!:)