Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My kind of town...



This past weekend I took a much needed vacation to Chicago to catch up with friends and breathe for a little while. My four days were packed full and I had a FABULOUS time. There wasn't much catching up on sleep, but whatev...sleep is overrated anyways.



My little adventure started with starry-eyed staring at some beautiful buildings. That one in the back with the green roof is the R.R. Donnelly building on lower Wacker. It's my absolute favorite. I practically want to cry when I see it all lit up at night--the most gorgeous lines you'll ever see.



This was the crew that attended the Grey's Anatomy soiree. I'm happy to report that everyone followed the "no talking during the show" rule, and I'm also very happy to report that no bottle of wine was left undrank...er...um...i mean...



Despite the ridiculously crappy weather, the girls and I braved the elements and went dancing at the HanggeUppe downtown. Good times, and props to Joanna who did us proud in her impromptu dance-off. It was like "Save the Last Dance", only in real life.



Saturday morning was brunch with the ladies at the Heartland Cafe in Rogers Park. Delicious meal and fantastic company to share it with!

There were further activities that Joanna and I partook of on Saturday evening, but it may be better that we have no pictures of those. Just kidding...we're good, responsible, respectable girls :)

All in all, I'm so blessed to know such good people in such an extraordinary city. Thanks so much to all of you who contributed to my wonderful weekend. I'm already looking forward to my next visit...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to see Jorna dance! I'm glad you had so much fun this weekend. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

I love the city pictures!!