Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm Back...

Now I know what you've all been thinking. Where on earth is Megan? Has she died? Left town? Runaway with a tall, dark, mysterious man? Fallen off the face of the planet? Well, the answer to all of those questions is no. I've just been lazy, and not at all feeling any motivation to update my blog. But I'm back now, and ready to report on the happenings of the last couple weeks or so. While I'd love to write about all of the stories, I'll spare you and use some pictures instead.


There was a wedding that I went to with my roommate Andrea, her boyfriend, and one of her boyfriend's friends...
There was Christmas cookie decorating at my mother's house with my sister Michelle, her girls, and my sister-in-law Amy. Haven't I been learning well from the Food Network?
There was some quality bonding with my nieces...the older one, Olivia, decorated cookies all by herself! I was so proud :)
There was some cuteness from my four youngest nephews in the Christmas pajamas my mother made them... Adorable, eh?
Ah yes...and then there was the New Year's Eve party that my roommates and I hosted. It was a quasi-theme party: Fairytales and Disney characters (for those who dressed up). I was the Princess and the Pea. Also present was...
Old Mother Hubbard and friend...
Tinkerbell and the Princess and the Pea (note the can of peas in hand)...
And Paul Bunyan and the Princess/Fairy/Butterfly and the Pea...

All in all it was a good break. I took some time to breathe, appreciate others, and appreciate life in general. Stacey and Jason were in town, our friend Joe who teaches in Colombia, and a whole host of others. Good friends, good family, good parties, good times. Thanks to all of you who helped make the last couple weeks quite fabulous!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you megs, It's about time you posted! I'm glad that I got to see you at home. Have fun at school...YUCK! Love you

Anonymous said...

Alright, seriously...how did "Old Mother Hubbard" catch on!! I am not happy about this...I know where you sleep Megan Sue...

Steve said...

Ha! Old Mother Hubbard is cranky...

Super cute costume Megan Sue!

Anonymous said...

Love the update.
Love the pictures.
Love you.