Saturday, May 12, 2007

Moving On...

So good news everyone. I'm a real, live, college graduate. Amazing, I know. And to think that when I left North Park in 2002 to pursue other things, there were many naysayers who thought I would never arrive at this point.

But, much to my delight, I have proved the critics wrong and attained my B.A. in International Relations from Grand Valley State University. And this fall, I'll start my Masters. More school...who knew?

In an effort to join the "real world," I have accepted a grown-up job working in the City Manager's office at the City of Wyoming, MI, where I currently reside. I love my bosses, and I'm confident I'll learn much from them over the next few years while I earn my next degree. I realize that this current plan seems to have deviated greatly from the aspirations I have always touted, but there is time, and I'm sure that these experiences will serve to spur me onward and upward. If nothing else, three more years in West Michigan will probably have me dying to get outta here by the time I finish :)

For now, I plan on traveling as much as possible. The end of this month will find me in Minneapolis to visit and certain someone, and in Florida following that. A US Open trip is being slated for the close of August, and Thanksgiving in L.A. might be on the docket as well. If any of you have any more suggestions, I'd certainly be open to hearing them. Just let me know...

Thanks to all of you who have supported me in my various endeavors up to this point. I am so grateful for each and everyone of you, and I look forward to all of the good times that are to come :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

boo, hiss, none of your links work. :( and when do i get to vay-cay with you?

Steve said...

Congrats on your grown up job! I know life here in West Michigan is horrible, but 3 more years isn't THAT bad.