Sunday, May 13, 2007

Three Cheers for Mothers

I am so thankful for the myriad of mothers in my life. Of course, there is my own, and many more sprinkled throughout my collection of family, friends, and co-workers. They are a blessing to myself and all those that they interact with, and I am happy to celebrate their lives on this special day.

Apart from the mothers themselves, I am so grateful for the reasons that make them mothers...their children! My nieces and nephews, in particular, are some of my favorites. Here are a couple clips from our evening celebration...




To close, here's what one very wise individual has to say about mothers:

25
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

~ Proverbs 31: 25-29

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures.

And love the Proverbs you shared. THanks for finally updating!!!

Melissa said...

hooray, you're alive! here's to moms everywhere....including the ones who birthed and raised one of my favorite friends alive: you. :)